Citrus Salad with Arugula and Quinoa

A fresh and super healthy winter pick-me-up!

Here is someleang for all the times you feel like you need an healthy break and all the vitamins you can pack in a plate to help you fight the winter germs... I know, this year it's been a tough one!
This salad has it all. The peppery green (baby arugula) and the nutrient-wealthy grain (quinoa is tall in protein, fiber, anti-oxidants, magnesium, vitamin B, iron ... and so much more). It has juicy orange slices, tangy cranberries and crunchy almonds. Every in one heavenly bowl.



What more can I ask for?!? Oh yeah. That all these delicious ingredients are delivered straight to my door. No need to leave the house in the freezing wind and rain when Milk and Eggs has me covered. I know, I know. I'm a lucky girl! Create certain to check out their web site for all the products (farm fresh, biological, locally sourced, top quality) they have to offer. Not only milk and eggs. Delivery is free for Orange and Los Angeles County. AND here is $20 off your first purchase: http://fbuy.me/h-EMg

You're welcome :)

I make this salad all the time as a great lunch for myself or a light dinner for my family. The dressing is super simple, yet so delicious.

A small lemon juice and olive oil (additional virgin of course). A small honey to balance the sour of the lemon. A sprinkle of salt and a sprint of pepper and BAM! Every done. Perfect winter pick-me-up.

INGREDIENTS:

YIELD: 1 serving

    • 2 handfuls of baby arugula (enough for one serving)
    • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa grain
    • 1 small (or half large) orange
    • 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
    • 1 tablespoon dry cranberry
    • 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon of honey
    • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
    • salt and pepper to taste

PREPARATION:

TIME: 5 minutes to assemble (plus 20 minutes to cook the quinoa)

    Cook the quinoa whether you haven't done so, following the directions on the package. Let it cool down totally.
    Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. And whisk well.
    Prepare the orange: slice the top and bottom of the orange with a sharp knwhethere. And slice absent the peel totally. Cut in half and slice horizontally.
    In a bowl combine the arugula, with the quinoa, cranberries, almonds slices and sliced orange.
    Drizzle with the dressing and toss.

Post a Comment

0 Comments